Assistant Professor - Graphic Design
- Overview: The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point Department of Art & Design is searching for a full time, tenure track faculty member in Graphic Design. This program is well established and NASAD accredited within the College of Fine Arts & Communication. The program focuses on craft, conceptual development, design evolution and communication theory. Courses address typography, symbol development, image usage, history of design, branding, systems, strategies and identity. Our curriculum is based in contextual thinking about audience and experience, and prepares students for professional design practice.
- URL: https://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/AcademicJobView.aspx?UWSPJobsCode=12647
- Position Reports To: Department of Art & Design Chair
- Location: Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Starts On: Aug. 1, 2016, 9:26 p.m.
- Job Description:
The ideal candidate will be able to teach at all levels within this curriculum and bring strengths and abilities in user experience, development and current screen-based technology using design thinking and research methodology consistent with a “social model” of design instruction and practice.
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
1800 Portage Street, NFAC 163
Stevens Point Wisconsin 54481
United States of America
Phone: (715) 346-2669
- Contact Method:
Apply online at: https://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/AcademicJobView.aspx?UWSPJobsCode=12647