Assistant Professor of Graphic Design
The Division of Visual and Performing Arts at Graceland University invites applicants for a full-time, 9 month tenure-track Assistant Professor of Graphic Design/Visual Communications starting August 2017 on the Lamoni, IA campus.
● An M.F.A. with an emphasis in Graphic Design is required. Recent MFA Graphic Design Graduates and anticipated May 2017 Graphic Design graduates and are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate is:
● A forward thinking designer who is familiar with contemporary Graphic Design practices
● Invested in innovative, student-centered pedagogy
● Committed to interdisciplinary research and teaching
● A publicly-engaged artist who values community outreach
● Able to communicate design concepts and rationale to a nonspecialist audience
Qualified applicants should submit:
● Letter of application
● Curriculum vitae
● Teaching philosophy
● 20 examples of professional work
● 20 examples of student work
● Names and contact information of 3 references Electronic submissions are required.
Please email materials to Dr. Brian White, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: email@example.com.
Review of materials begins January 30, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Graceland is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Graceland welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We’re looking for candidates who share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
About Graceland University and the Department of Art and Design:
Graceland is a small, historic, private, liberal arts university situated in south central Iowa, approximately 70 miles south of Des Moines, IA and 120 miles north of Kansas City, MO. The Department of Art and Design is a dynamic program with a forward thinking, cross-disciplinary focus that emphasizes creativity, innovation, arts advocacy, and human expression. Our curriculum promotes visual and conceptual inquiry, risk-taking, and problem-solving. We prepare students to thrive in arts-centered careers, make creative contributions to their community, and pursue lifelong engagement in the visual arts.
- URL: http://www.graceland.edu/employment/news/739492/assistant-professor-of-graphic-design
- Location: Lamoni, IA
- Starts On: Aug. 1, 2017, 12:29 p.m.
1 University Pl
Lamoni IA 50140
United States of America