Designer – Communication and Marketing
The Designer is responsible for key aspects in the creation of both print and electronic media, and should have the ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and develop them into design solutions.
Projects may include websites, landing pages, emails, print materials, and motion graphics, all created in support of the mission of the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success.
This role will support the Senior Designer, Associate Director of User Experience, Creative Director, and team in developing marketing and creative strategies while maintaining a consistent brand for the University. The Designer will be a member of a high-energy creative team and will interact with students, faculty, and administrators, as well as other Strategic Communications team members. The Designer will report to the Creative Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Graphic Design or related art or communications field) required.
- 2 to 5 years of professional design experience. Higher Education marketing experience a plus.
- Detailed oriented approach, ability to work independently, attention and respect to deadlines, and project management skills are essential traits for the position.
- Understanding of the print production process.
- Experience with SiteCore and/or other Content Management Systems (CMS) strongly preferred.
- Motion graphics and illustration skills preferred.
- Portfolio required.
- Develop, maintain, and manage a significant volume of complex recruitment-related marketing materials for Enrollment Management, along with other General University material as needed under tight deadlines.
- Support in the development of marketing and creative strategies, while maintaining consistent brand, look, feel, and tone.
- Research and collaborate on the creation of materials that support the University’s mission such as fact sheets, viewbooks, posters, websites, motion graphics, videos, commercials, event space, online projects, etc.
- Development of storyboards as needed for various projects.
- Support and collaborate with our videographer to develop animated typographical treatments for intro’s, extro’s, and lower-thirds.
- Conceptualize original ideas and/or translate existing concepts into composited motion graphics and video animations utilizing industry standard design, 2D and 3D software.
- Ability to shoot, edit, and export basic video content.
- Schedule, manage and art direct photoshoots, video shoots, and print production.
- Have a clear understanding of the principles information architecture, interaction design, and usability—including experience in designing for accessibility and Section 508 compliance.
- Support and collaborate with interactive team, to concept, design, edit, and review online/digital marketing efforts through content management systems as well as other online editing programs such as Dreamweaver.
- Present creative and manage business relationships with internal and external colleagues and vendors.
- Familiarity with technical issues around web development, QA processes, and demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with systems analysts and programmers.
- Manage production process through external vendors such as printers, video and interactive content developers, and internal development partners.
- Research and report the latest emerging trends in marketing, the latest in design, social networking, as well as developments in the Higher Education field.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background investigation.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82928 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Designer - Communication and Marketing. The requisition number is 8653.
- URL: http://www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=82928
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
3201 Arch Street
Philadelphia PA 19104