Director of Creative Services
- Overview: The Director of Creative Services is part of the leadership team in the Communications & Marketing office at Gettysburg College, reporting to the Executive Director of Communications & Marketing. This position oversees and contributes to the strategic work of the office through working on various design projects, providing conceptual vision, and ensuring quality execution to Gettysburg’s visual and creative projects. In addition, the Creative Director collaborates with the Communications & Marketing office, campus clients, and vendors to ensure all digital and print communications reflect the Gettysburg brand. This position will be forward thinking about integrating all visual and creative components into the College’s communications and marketing efforts and will push visual creators to think innovatively about their work.
- URL: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/2673
- Position Reports To: Executive Director of Communications & Marketing
- Location: Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA
- Job Description:
Bachelor’s degree in arts, fine arts, graphic design, liberal arts, marketing, advertising, communications, or related field required; previous experience in art/creative direction required; at least five years of professional experience required and previous supervisory experience highly preferred. Gettysburg College seeks candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and have a basic knowledge of web/email development software.
In addition, a successful candidate should possess: a thorough knowledge of best practices and design principles; ability to multi-task and stay organized; knowledge of prepress and printing process; excellent writing and verbal skills; solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently and on deadline; experience in marketing to a diverse audience; the ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects; passion to develop projects independently and work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop and maintain a strong visual and written brand identity and brand personality for the College and serve as the campus resource for questions about the brand.
• Ability to simultaneously oversee staff, execute projects, and provide innovative solutions.
• Together with the Director of Communications and Content Strategy, execute the visual direction and design of the Gettysburg Magazine.
• Design projects for campus partners including brochures, social media graphics, invitations, etc.
• Consult with campus partners on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, layout, turnaround time, corrections, approvals, and project estimates.
• Demonstrate a strong ability to conceptualize, design and create design solutions that uphold the College personality and identity.
• Champion visual storytelling.
• Serve as an integral member of the communications team that works to fulfill high-level College goals and initiatives related, but not limited to Gettysburg’s communications and marketing strategy, admissions marketing strategy, development communications, presidential communications, alumni communications, student, faculty and staff communications.
• Supervise, support, and guide two communications and marketing professionals in fulfilling their creative content responsibilities associated with strategic communications.
• Work in close collaboration with lateral peers to ensure all projects are integrated, realize their full potential, and are relevant.
• Work in close collaboration with photographers, videographer, and social media team to recommend visual/creative solutions.
• Communicate with diverse audiences across varied platforms and direct content development and solutions for multiple media.
• Utilize with project management software to ensure projects stay on time
• Oversee the brand implementation in all visual channels following the launch of Gettysburg’s new website.
• Together with the Executive Director, set performance indicators for the creative/visual team and make data-informed decisions to Communications & Marketing and campus partners.
Application materials must be received by July 27, 2018.
The Digital Portfolio cannot be larger than 9 MB.