Graphic Design Specialist
Educating more than 56,000 students across 72 campuses, Garland ISD ranks as the second-largest prekindergarten through 12th grade district in Dallas County, as well as the fourth-largest in Dallas-Fort Worth and the 13th-largest in Texas. The district spans the cities of Garland, Rowlett and Sachse, yet maintains a small town, family feel. With a rich tradition of excellence, GISD boasts a diverse population that speaks more than 100 languages, as well as technology-driven campuses, magnet programs and approximately 200 Career and Technical Education courses.
This Graphic Design Specialist position will be a member of GISD’s award-winning Communications Department.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing for commercial printing
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style
- Ability to meet established deadlines while managing multiple projects
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Ability to turn ideas and client input into concrete images and graphic presentations
- Experience working in education
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Experience with creating ADA accessible documents
- Draft, design, and edit publications and presentations produced by the Communications Department.
- Produce original digital artwork and graphic layouts for campus and district initiatives and events.
- Provide writing and proofreading services as needed.
- Coordinate with the district’s Printing Services Department or outside vendors for distribution of publications or projects.
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events and programs.
- Help maintain the district brand.
- Demonstrate confidentiality while working with matters related to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to routine inquiries from the public, media, Board of Trustees or staff as directed. Refer non-routine inquiries to the Director of Communications.
- URL: https://garlandisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=490
- Position Reports To: Director of Communications
- Location: Garland, Texas
- Starts On: June 14, 2018, 8 a.m.
- Salary: $48,565 to $68,459
One to three years graphic design or communications experience
- Computer Skills:
Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
Microsoft Office Suite
- Education Required:
Associate degree in graphic design, communications or related field
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or related field
Garland Independent School District
501 S. Jupiter Road
Garland TX 75042
Phone: (972) 487-3258