Graphic Design Specialist and Development Writer
We believe strongly, as many do, that the United States Air Force Academy is a vital national resource — one that is deserving of our emotional and financial support. Increasingly, though, the resources available to the service academies, like all public institutions, are inadequate to keep pace with the requirements of a modern university of exemplary quality. No longer can the Academy depend solely on public funding to attract the best minds and provide the best educational experience. The Air Force Academy, like all other great public universities, now requires significant private support to maintain its status as an elite institution. This is why graduates, parents, and friends of the Academy are standing up to do what they can to ensure the Academy has the resources it needs to excel. All staff members of the United States Air Force Academy Endowment work to make the act of giving to the Academy as personally fulfilling and efficient as possible for every donor as part of our commitment to our donors.
- URL: https://www.usafa.org/endowment/employment
- Position Reports To: Assistant Director of Communications
- Location: USAF Academy, Colorado
- Starts On: March 30, 2018, 5:13 p.m.
• Minimum 2-5 years of content creation experience.
• Experience in higher education communications and comprehensive campaign communication endeavors is preferred.
• Strong consideration will be given to individuals with service in the military, especially the U.S. Air Force.
- Job Description:
The United States Air Force Academy Endowment (“the Endowment”), in support of the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA), seeks a dynamic and inquisitive professional to serve on the marketing, communications and donor relations team. This individual will serve under the direction of the Assistant Director of Communications and will assist in ensuring the consistency of the Endowment’s messaging across all communication platforms — including publications, advertising, digital communications and social media — with a special focus on graphic design.
• Understand, uphold, and promote the ethical standards and core values of USAFA and the Endowment.
• Interact with USAFA and other USAFA-related nonprofit organizations that support various areas of USAFA.
• Work with Endowment staff members to create fund-raising proposals, brochures, and a variety of other information pieces.
• Create and apply branding guidelines and assist others in the organization in adhering to them.
• Create graphic assets that can be used across multiple communication outlets to amplify a message’s reach and effectiveness.
• Work with vendors to schedule and print publications on deadline.
• Assist with developing, writing and editing copy for Endowment communications, especially advertisements, proposals and emails.
• Maintain library of materials, including graphics, photos and completed projects.
• Update web content and create HTML email messages via content management systems.
• Keep abreast of Air Force, USAFA and departmental priorities, programs, personalities, and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Computer Skills:
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
• Ability to produce content for use in print and digital projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Significant organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
• A strong work ethic, a commitment to high quality performance and teamwork.
• A willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues and with a diverse constituent base.
• A proven ability to meet project deadlines and maintain productive professional relationships.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to proofread accurately and edit high-level correspondence.
• Photography and/or video experience a plus.
- Education Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications or a related field required.
3116 Academy Drive
USAF Academy CO 80840
United States of America
Phone: (719) 424-7408
- Contact Method:
• Cover letter
• Link to online portfolio
• Three professional references