Graphic Designer University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (http://ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Graphic Designer. Applications will be accepted until 8/1/2018. The College of Arts and Letters Office of Communications is searching for a graphic designer to join a dynamic team that is passionate about the life-changing value of a Notre Dame liberal arts education. Our creative endeavors showcase the intellectual curiosity and outstanding achievements of our students, faculty, and alumni, playing an integral role in Notre Dame's mission to serve as the world's preeminent Catholic research university.
This position provides design services in support of the College of Arts and Letters' marketing goals and strategies as directed by the communications and marketing director. An integral part of the College's communications team, the graphic designer is responsible for conceptual development and execution of materials for print and digital communications, including oversight of the print production process. The graphic designer is expected to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while staying on time and within budget. The graphic designer must have the ability to tailor designs to targeted audience and program goals while ensuring consistency with the University's brand standards. This position requires outstanding design skills and fluency with Adobe Creative Suite as well as excellent time-management, communications, and interpersonal skills, a strong customer service orientation, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute to a team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize, design, and execute print and digital communications for academic programs across the college, special events, and initiatives on behalf of the dean's office of the College of Arts and Letters. Design projects include brochures, booklets, posters, signage, promotional products, logos, emails, digital advertisements and other online media.
- Manage the college's photo database, including working with university photographers or outside photography vendors to arrange shoots of strategic importance, soliciting student photos, responding to photo requests from college and university partners, and editing photos as needed. Select, organize, and compile photos for print and online communication channels.
- Contribute to the communications team as a creative thinker, supporting the College's strategic communications plan and collaborating with colleagues on design-related projects (creating graphics for videos, marketing emails, or social media posts, providing photo or design input on websites, etc.).
- Maintain College and University brand standards in all work produced and serve as a point person for branding questions from College staff.
- Hire, supervise, and mentor a student designer.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME: The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it! The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
- URL: http://apptrkr.com/1244614
- Location: Notre Dame, IN
- Starts On: June 19, 2018, 4:06 p.m.
A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is required, along with a minimum of 3–4 years of professional design experience.
This position requires keen visual design skills, fluency with Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment, ability to create and manipulate illustrations, expertise in photo editing, knowledge of printing techniques and processes, and experience designing for various digital platforms. Creative problem-solving ability is essential, along with excellent time-management and project management skills. Must possess outstanding communications and interpersonal skills as well as a strong customer-service orientation. Professionalism is crucial, as this position regularly interacts with faculty and other key stakeholders, as well as multiple outside vendors.
The graphic designer must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment. A passion for the liberal arts and experience in higher education are a definite plus.
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame IN 46556
- Contact Method:
Please apply online at http://apptrkr.com/1244614. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.