- Overview: As a member of the creative and technical services team, the senior designer provides professional design for the college’s most visible print and digital communications including whitman.edu and Whitman Magazine.
- URL: https://whitmanhr.simplehire.com
- Position Reports To: Director of Creative Services
- Location: 345 Boyer Ave., Walla Walla, WA 99362
- Starts On: March 14, 2018, 5:13 p.m.
- Code: Whitman College
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Demonstrated expertise in print and web design.
2. Ability to use design to solve communications challenges.
3. Demonstrated software skills in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with pre-flight, pre-press, and job packaging skills and high attention to detail.
4. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive design preferred.
5. Strong time-management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing.
- Job Description:
As a member of the creative services team, the senior designer provides professional design for the college's most visible and strategically important print and digital communications, with a focus on communications for prospective student recruitment, fundraising and alumni-focused communications.
1. Creates original design solutions, from concept to completion, that meet the college’s strategic communications goals.
2. Provides graphic design services for a range of print and digital projects, including admission and fundraising materials.
3. Monitors implementation of the college’s visual identity program, ensuring that communications across the college are visually consistent and professional.
4. Ensures print jobs are appropriately spec’ed and bid, taking into account a project’s goals and budget. Evaluates, inspects, and finalizes job files and materials so that quality control is maintained. Reviews proofs and submit corrections as appropriate.
5. Works collaboratively as a member of the creative services team, as well with other staff in communications and across campus.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer Skills:
Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive design preferred.
- Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, studio art or a related field required. 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a relevant position.
345 Boyer Ave
Walla Walla WA 99362
United States of America
Human Resource Department
Phone: (509) 527-5172
- Contact Method:
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the Whitman College Human Resources Website at: https://whitmanhr.simplehire.com/. Candidates must provide a letter of application addressing qualifications for this position, a resume, and the names of three professional references with current phone numbers and e-mail addresses.