Senior Graphic Designer
This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time Senior Graphic Designer position for OSU-Cascades in Bend, Oregon. The Senior Graphic Designer reports to the Senior Director of Community Relations and Marketing, and provides graphic design, creative development, and related project management for print materials, website design support, digital marketing materials, presentations, and other creative projects as needed. This position creates and updates print, digital and other graphic design projects to support brand awareness, enrollment marketing, community relations, and others as assigned.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and executing design.
- Working within Oregon State University-Cascades brand and graphic identity
- Working collaboratively as part of a creative team.
- Art directs photo shoots as needed.
- Preparing illustration and graphics as needed.
This position also manages the completion of graphic design and other marketing projects, ensuring deadlines and budgets are met. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing complete production schedule, including creative/concept development; acquisition of creative assets such as copy, photography, and illustration; production; approval cycle; printing; etc.
- Working with outside vendors for production of materials, including print specifications and bidding.
- Tracking project invoices and project cost, quantity, size, etc.
- Maintaining photo library, including contracting with photographers as needed, management of photo assets, and key wording.
- Maintaining project archives.
- Managing student workers and assigning work to external freelancers.
- URL: https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/57214
- Position Reports To: Senior Director of Community Relations and Marketing
- Location: Bend, OR
- Starts On: May 21, 2018, 5:13 p.m.
6+ Years of Graphic Design experience OR Associates Degree + 5 years of Graphic Design experience Bachelors Degree + 4 years of Graphic Design experience Degree may be in Graphic Design, Graphic Art, Fine Art, or closely related field.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Understanding the role of design in strategic communications. Strong conceptual design skills. Understanding of how written content interact with design elements to convey meaning, especially the use of headlines and captions.
Strong production skills and knowledge of printing processes. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a creative team. Ability to work with a wide range of clients, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Experience with website design, websites run by content management systems, HTML/CSS and video editing software.
Fluency in current design and publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite) is required, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Ability to design within a strong brand system. Experience with project management software tools.
Strong understanding of branding, graphic design, interface design and website usability.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Job Description:
55% Graphic Design:
Conceptualize, design and layout graphic design projects. Projects include a variety of print and digital projects including booklets, catalogs, brochures, advertising, fliers, posters, info graphics, and web graphics—all using brand guidelines.
Create graphic images including illustrations, info graphics, and photography as needed.
40% Project Management:
Manage schedule and production of a variety of print and digital projects, to ensure high quality outcome within time and budget constraints.
Work collaboratively with team members
Manage contract illustrators, designers, photographers and other outside creative services, including printing representatives, pre-press service bureaus and printers.
Prepare printing specifications for use in seeking competitive bids. Prepare final electronic files for print and electronic publication.
Art direct photography sessions; maintain prioritized list of photography needs, manage photography assets.
Manage and archive project files.
5% Professional Development and Other Duties:
Participate in opportunities for professional development in design, communication, emerging internet communication strategies, and diversity training. Team building with the Community Relations and Marketing Department. Ongoing learning about OSU and OSU-Cascades. Other duties as assigned.