This advanced-level position supports the strategic communication and creative goals of both Kennesaw State University and the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing. As an IT Network Professional II, this position will work within the Creative Services unit to provide high-level development solutions for intuitive user experience across multiple platforms while developing fully functioning, mobile-optimized Web sites from design plans and creative collateral.
This position is responsible for the development, testing, maintenance and updates of both the main Office Web site, as well as its News content management system.
- Create and develop websites and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with web design and content management software)
- Develop, expand, and manage current site designs and lead appropriate redesigns when needed • Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Employ website analytic tools to make recommendations in the development, redevelopment, and/or redesign of departmental websites
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, list serves, and events
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- URL: https://kennesaw.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=26795&job=web-designer
- Position Reports To: Assistant Director of Creative Services
- Location: Kennesaw, GA
- Salary: $43,000 to $48,000
• Four-six years of experience in web design, managing content and production for high-traffic consumer websites.
• Experience in the higher education environment in marketing at a large institution a plus.
• Thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices including experience with blogs, social media and networking sites, and email list communications.
- Job Description:
• Able to work collaboratively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and perform problem analysis and resolution at strategic and functional level.
• Ability to learn new systems and programs quickly.
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• The candidate must have a strong background in web site design and development. This background must include the ability to address HTML and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers. The candidate must be able to monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as necessary.
• The candidate must have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively. The candidate must also be able to work efficiently in both independent and collaborative situations.
• Relevant work experience within a creative services environment.
- Computer Skills:
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and limitations of the web. Must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
• Development experience in HTML5, XML, AJAX, Python, Java/J2ME.
- Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience OR Associate’s degree technical certification, 2 years college coursework and 3 years of experience.
Kennesaw State University
3391 Town Point Drive
Kennesaw Georgia 30144
United States of America
Phone: (470) 578-6030
- Contact Method:
All job applications must be submitted through Kennesaw State University’s online system by visiting http://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. If you are a new user on the University of Georgia System Office jobs site, you will be asked to create an account upon applying for a job If you already have created an account on the University of Georgia System Office jobs site, please use that account information to log in. Please complete the online application and attach required documents. This position will remain open until filled.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.