Evolve your understanding of our unique field quarterly with Designer magazine. This award-winning publication provides ongoing professional development--delivered to your door--by tackling the issues facing communications professionals in education.
Designer magazine is a benefit of your UCDA membership, or you may choose to subscribe to the magazine annually. Please note: a basic subscription for Designer magazine does not include discounted fees for competition entries or conference or other program attendance.
As a Designer magazine subscriber or member you receive (among others):
- A beautifully produced quarterly publication.
- Four issues filled with inspiring and relevant stories that will aid you in your job.
- Design Briefs: industry news and resources, quirky bits of history, book reviews, quotes, the hottest blogs and most interesting website finds.
- Features that tackle everything from printing and web technology to inspirational leaders and issues that are germane to designers who working in the field of education.
- The Office: a member institution profile--see how other offices are organized, the scope of their work and what they do to blow off a little steam!
- Parting Shot: a place where we feature visual works created by our members.
- Type A: learn about arabesques, ampersands and interrobangs?!
- and more!
Designer magazine is always looking for submissions! Submit your story ideads, articles, photos, or illustrations
- Strong visuals: submit your work or your students. Prints, designs, illustrations, drawings, and photographs will be considered for each issue.
- Design Briefs: short paragraphs or blurbs containing industry news and resources, quirky bits of history, book reviews, quotes, the hottest blogs and most interesting web site finds.
- Feature Articles: visual communication as it relates to technology, inspiration, practice, education, or sustainability.
- Guest Commentary: share your opinion with our readers.
- The Office: member office or department profile that highlights your office space, staff, hardware and software, courses, or how they cope with deadlines and stress.
If you have a story idea, or submission for consideration, please contact the Designer magazine editor at email@example.com