UCDA Workshop: Designing Digital Experiences
This workshop is a one-day workshop that will provide the fundamentals of designing people-centered websites and applications. We will examine the processes, tools, and outcomes designers are using to shape the digital experiences of today. *
THIS WORKSHOP IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- The UX process
- Defining personas and user goals for digital experiences
- Strategies on when to involve users
- Industry-standard tools and deliverables
- How to integrate UX into your existing design courses (without creating a stand-alone UX course)
HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES WILL TEACH YOU:
- How to initiate a digital design
- How to involve users in your process
- To practice, or teach, industry-relevant prototyping methods
- The key differences in designing within print and digital environments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Design professionals who want to get into the digital space
- Engineers/programmers who want to understand the process from a design perspective
- Design educators who would like to improve their knowledge of UX and digital design (for research, or teaching purposes)
* Bringing a laptop is recommended for the best workshop experience.
REGISTRATION FEES (all prices in USD)
|UCDA Professional, Associate, or Faculty Member||Partner Member||Non-Member||Student|
|Register before October 1||$75||$100||$125||$50|
||UCDA Professional, Associate, or Faculty Member||Partner Member||Non-Member||Student|
|Register after October 1||$100||$125||$150||
See UCDA's cancellation policy.
The workshop will take place at Indiana University, IUPUI in Indianpolis, Indiana. UCDA has not secured a room block at any hotel; if overnight accomodations are needed, you are free to stay anywhere you like.
Aaron Ganci is a visual communication and user interface designer with expertise in user-centered design as well as an Assistant Professor of Visual Communication Design at Herron School of Art and Design. Professor Ganci received a B.A. in Fine Art/Graphic Design from Eastern Illinois University and an M.F.A. in Design Development and Research from The Ohio State University. With professional experience in graphic, interaction, and user experience design, he is an expert in both the visual design of digital interfaces and in the translation of user needs into useful, usable, and desirable experiences. He is a frequent consultant on the design of websites and software interfaces, most recently for the IU School of Medicine, the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC), and The City of Indianapolis. In addition to professional creative activity, Professor Ganci also studies the evolution of processes and activities in the contemporary design profession and the use of visual communication design to enhance emerging technology and ubiquitous computing environments.
UCDA will be providing parking passes for the workshop. Please park in the surface lot immediately west of Herron's building. You can park in any spot in that lot. As you enter the building, please look for the person handing out parking passes. You'll need to place that pass in your car as soon as possible after you arrive to avoid getting a ticket.
You can see the location on Google Maps here: https://goo.gl/maps/hyn2vtDvGjR2