ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN DESIGN
A comprehensive land-, sea-, and space-grant university, UNH is the state’s flagship public university and is ideally located in the rural town of Durham, with ready access to the Maine and New Hampshire seacoasts, Boston, and the White Mountains. The University actively creates and nurtures a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences and cultural backgrounds pursue goals with mutual respect and shared spirit of inquiry. UNH has approximately 12,200 undergraduate students and 2,300 graduate students.
The Department of Art & Art History seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in Design with a demonstrated commitment to and experience in teaching a range of graphic and media design courses. We seek candidates with a strong and active professional practice in design. This faculty position will have the opportunity to develop an inter-disciplinary program in Design within a dynamic studio arts program.
Additional Job Information Teaching: Commitment to undergraduate teaching in a professional program within a liberal arts college; teach 4 undergraduate courses per academic year in Design (Principles of Design, Graphic Design and other courses to be developed in the implementation of a design concentration and program of study); advise undergraduate students and participate in undergraduate reviews and seminars.
Service: Develop, implement and oversee a new program of study in Design within the Department of Art and Art History; establish collaborations with other University departments in the implementation of a Design Program that is Inter-Disciplinary in its structure and curricula; serve on Departmental, College and University Committees.
Research: Engage in scholarly/creative research and the exhibition/publication of research developed.
Please upload to the online employment site the following documents:
- Cover letter; Curriculum Vitae; Artist Statement; Teaching Statement; Names of three references, titles and contact information.
- Please include in your cover letter a web link to a portfolio that demonstrates your proficiencies and research/professional focus and a web link to a portfolio of your students' work that includes course title and level of samples presented.
- Required teaching material (1): sample syllabus for Principles of Design (or other foundations level design course)
- Required teaching material (2): sample syllabus for one additional course (of your own design) Acceptable Minimum Qualifications MFA in Design; record of research production and exhibition/publication; minimum of 2 years college-level teaching experience beyond graduate teaching assistantships; demonstrated ability to develop and teach a range of graphic and media design courses; knowledgeable in the history and critical perspectives of design movements; ability to develop curricula for a new program of study in design as part a fine arts studio program; demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with diverse communities.
To view description and apply, visit http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/28141
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
- URL: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dwgbdc5v2n97qpgc
- Location: Durham, New Hampshire
- Starts On: Nov. 21, 2017, 4:31 p.m.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Durham New Hampshire 03824
United States of America
- Contact Method: