Creative Director, Susquehanna University
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing and Communication, this position oversees and contributes to the strategic work of the office by providing the conceptual vision and ensuring its execution to ensure consistency with the university’s brand. The Creative Director collaborates with campus clients, University Communications colleagues, print/design vendors and photographers to ensure all digital and print communications reflect the Susquehanna brand, are of the highest quality and resonate with target audiences. The Creative Director will work with other members of the University Communications team to ensure copy, design, photography and video work together to best represent the university and assist with positioning efforts. This position also supervises an in-house Graphic /Designer, who is responsible for print, as well as some web design.
- Collaborate with colleagues/clients on the conceptual and strategic development of each project to ensure that design accurately reflects university messaging and positioning.
- Manage, mentor and guide Graphic Designer as well as student design and photography interns
- Manage design, print and photography projects, which will involve organizing photo shoots, coordinating with freelance photographers and designers, preparing bids for print vendors and maintaining related budgets.
- Collaborate with Director of Web Communications on special and ongoing web design/video and strategy needs
- Manage hardware, software and other technical needs associated with the design process.
- Contribute to the overall success of University Communications by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Position requires a strategic thinker and skilled problem solver who can work collaboratively toward a common goal.
- A thorough knowledge of best practices and design principles for both print and web design and an understanding of the prepress and printing process are essential.
- An excellent sense of design and the role it plays in brand positioning and strategy is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain priorities and deadlines, as well as provide concise and well-written correspondence to clients and vendors regarding the status of projects.
- Proficiency skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat); Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and other web/email development software and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Knowledge of prepress and printing process.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills; and current knowledge of best practices and design principals regarding both print and web design.
- Bachelors in Fine Arts or related degree required.
- More than three years of graphics/layout experience required.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders simultaneously also required, as is experience with outside vendors, including freelance designers.
- Evaluated on portfolio standing as main criteria of candidacy.
- Normal office environment—Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time as well as the ability to move about the campus.
- Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Working conditions are primarily indoor, but will require some outdoor work during special events and photo shoots.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1209278
- URL: http://apptrkr.com/1209278
- Location: Selinsgrove, PA
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 12:02 p.m.