Dean, College of Visual and Performing Arts
Winthrop University seeks a Dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts who demonstrates strategic and visionary leadership, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, entrepreneurial drive, and a commitment to the mission of the College and University. The Dean will have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, including professional development of students and scholarly pursuits of faculty members. He or she will be a strong and energetic advocate for the College and the University, securing support to achieve and maintain excellence and building academic, community, and corporate partnerships and collaborations. The ideal candidate will have a record of responding effectively to the rapidly changing demands on colleges and higher education.
- URL: http://www.winthrop.edu/facultyrecruitment/default.aspx?id=45843
- Position Reports To: Provost
- Location: Rock Hill, SC
- Starts On: Nov. 23, 2016, 12:29 p.m.
- Job Description:
• Broad knowledge of the disciplines in visual and performing arts and ability to foster collaboration across content areas. Evidence of superior interpersonal and group communication skills.
• Evidence of collegial collaboration with administrators, faculty, and staff across the visual and performing arts disciplines, throughout the university, and within the larger community.
• Evidence of successful administrative experience, including in-depth knowledge of strategic planning, financial management, budgeting, and community engagement.
• Evidence of collegial leadership in faculty development and commitment to fostering faculty growth and development.
• Evidence of support and enhancement of diversity in faculty, staff, and student populations.
• Knowledge of curriculum development for both undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Interest and experience in development of interdisciplinary programs within the arts and with content areas outside the visual and performing arts.
• Ability to foster partnerships and programs to advance the College’s and University’s goals.
• High energy coupled with enthusiastic leadership abilities.
• Broad understanding of the direction of arts education and research and the ability to articulate the College’s vision that positions the College as a successful enterprise.
Chair, Dean’s Search - College of Visual & Perform
Rock Hill South Carolina 29733
United States of America
Dean Gloria Jones
- Contact Method:
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted electronically to:
Dean Gloria Jones
Chair, Dean’s Search - College of Visual & Performing Arts
Rock Hill, SC 29733
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.