Digital Communications Director
The digital communications director will be responsible for managing the college’s web, social media, email marketing, inbound marketing and digital advertising strategy to meet institutional brand awareness and marketing goals. This will be done in collaboration with other members of the communications and marketing department, as well as information technology staff, admissions staff, development and alumni staff, athletics and music marketing staff, information technology services, and faculty and students.
Required Documents: Letter of Application/Cover Letter
Resume Months Worked Per year: 12 FLSA
Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Luther College offers an excellent benefit package including a generous retirement contribution, competitive health insurance premiums, short and long term disability, life insurance, and tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependents. Luther College seeks to build a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students. Luther College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons of diverse ethnic backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates are encouraged to identify their strengths or experiences that will contribute to this goal.
- Devise and manage campaigns that take an omnichannel approach to marketing by putting prospective students, prospective parents, alumni and friends of the college in the center and providing a consistent and relevant experience across channels.
- Use search engine optimization and other inbound marketing strategies to attract new, relevant visitors to the website.
- Own the strategy for Luther’s main website, luther.edu. This includes collaborating with ITS to evaluate the best content management system (CMS) to use, incorporating third-party platforms for specialized features, evolving the website to keep up with web best practices and trends, and overseeing the governance of Luther’s web presence.
- Manage and supervise the web team, which handles a variety of website maintenance and governance tasks including web development and design, CMS training, website audits, user testing, content updates and blog editing. The web team includes work-study students.
- Provide strategic direction for social media brand strategies, campaigns and plans to build brand/college awareness.
- Provide strategic direction for email marketing to a variety of audiences including prospective students, prospective parents, alumni and friends of the college.
- Oversee the college’s search engine and digital advertising efforts.
- Measure success using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Twitter Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 5–7 years of relevant experience, including several of those years as a manager.
- Proven success devising and managing marketing campaigns across a number of channels to specific audiences, including niche marketing campaigns.
- Experience using enterprise-level content management systems.
- Knowledge of web application development, data integration and security considerations.
- Search engine optimization expertise.
- Familiarity with AdWords, Bing Advertising and Facebook Ad Manager.
Experience creating or contributing to editorial calendars for consistent and relevant messaging and community building.
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices, metrics, campaign tracking and list building.
- Strong project management skills, ideally versed in lean marketing or agile development processes.
- Experience using project management and team communication tools such as Basecamp, PivotTracker and Slack.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to creatively work with limited resources.
- Experience with user testing is a plus.
- Ability to consider multiple audiences, manage concurrent projects and prioritize the work based on return on investment.
- Familiarity with higher education and the liberal arts a plus.
- URL: https://luthercollege.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=45975&job=digital-communications-director
- Position Reports To: Vice President for Communications and Marketing
- Location: Decorah, Iowa
- Starts On: March 1, 2018, 2:21 p.m.
- Job Description:
Decorah Iowa 52101
United States of America