The University of Scranton's office of Public Relations is searching for a Graphic Designer. The Graphic Designer provides design services and consultation to University clients in academic and administrative departments and assists in monitoring and maintaining the University's graphic identity.
- URL: https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
- Location: Scranton, PA
- Starts On: March 10, 2016, 12:10 p.m.
- Job Description:
The Graphic Designer provides design services and consultation to University clients in academic and administrative departments and assists in monitoring and maintaining the University's graphic identity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
+ Delivering innovative, quality print and other designs consistent with the University's graphic standards
+ Identifying specifications for printed publications, working through the print production process and assisting in managing the flow of printing projects to outside vendors
+ Coordinating and art direct photography shoots
+ Assisting in monitoring and maintaining a consistent look and level of quality for University publications
+ Developing a wide range of printed and materials including brochures, posters, advertisements and newsletters
+ Coordinating with Copy Center staff to set up and send jobs to be printed in the Copy Center, including data merges with graphic files. Assisting Copy Center staff in printing of wide format poster prints
+ Performing other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Understanding of and commitment to the Jesuit tradition of higher education.
2. Knowledge of graphic design, typography, production methods and preparation of projects for printing.
3. Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) preferably in a Macintosh environment.
4. Ability to work within established graphic standards.
5. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
6. Ability to work under deadline pressure, handle several projects concurrently and work closely with academic and administrative personnel.
7. An understanding of print production and digital printing technologies as it relates to preparing and sending files to print.
+ Must possess a Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field or Associate's degree with equivalent experience.
+ Must have two years of professional design experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Please include up to six samples of graphic design work designed by the applicant. Applicants may also provide a link to a website where samples of the applicant's work may be viewed.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Months needed: 12 Months
The University of Scranton
Scranton PA 18510
Phone: (570) 941-7767