Principal Graphics/Multimedia Designer
- Overview: This 100% full-time Principal Graphics/Multimedia Designer will be the lead for all graphic design and brand management in the University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development’s Office of Communications. The job includes responsibility for setting and managing design standards and communicating across all college units about best practices in design and production of marketing and communications collateral online and in print, including application of University of Minnesota directives on brand and identity. The person in this job will work collaboratively with the dean’s office, web team, student services, development, and alumni relations on high priority projects. The job also includes overall design and production of several college print publications with strategic importance, including the college alumni magazine and student recruitment materials. The person in this job will manage the work of graphic design students on staff and will report to the director of the Office of Communications. Successful candidates for this job will have strong interpersonal and project management skills, creativity, versatility, outstanding conceptual/visual abilities, and will use current tools in design practice and technology. CEHD is a diverse community that is driven by a sustained belief in the value of each child, each person, as an individual with unique talents and challenges; an understanding that research and collaboration with community professionals will lead to solutions that will improve lives; and a dedication to preparing educational and human service professionals to carry the values and knowledge discovered here into the world to make it a better place. The CEHD Office of Communications is responsible for supporting the college’s strategic initiatives by focusing on college-wide marketing, communications, and media relations. The office leads internal and external communications efforts using available resources and collaborating with administrative, departmental, and center faculty and staff. The office reports to the Office of the Dean and has a dotted-line reporting relationship to the University of Minnesota’s Office of University Relations.
- URL: http://z.umn.edu/pringraph
- Position Reports To: Director of Communications
- Location: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Starts On: Dec. 15, 2016, 8 a.m.
- Job Description:
1. B.A./B.S./B.F.A. degree in graphic design, communications, journalism, marketing, art, or related field or non-communication related degree with additional two years of professional communications experience.
2. Four years of professional communications experience. Non-communications degreed individuals must have six years of progressive responsibility in communications.
3. Experience with digital and print publishing. Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively.
4. Demonstrated portfolio of work.
1. Five or more years of professional communications experience.
2. Strong skills in design fundamentals, including color, typography, and layout.
3. High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro.
4. Experience managing a brand and coordinating brand and project assets (wordmarks, images, graphic elements, and files).
5. Experience managing a budget for graphic design and multimedia projects.
6. Experience with design, layout, and production management of a magazine.
7. Experience managing projects and implementing marketing and communication plans through use of print, online, and display collateral.
8. Experience leading communication of graphic design principles and brand standards in support of communication strategies and priorities.
9. Experience working effectively with diverse groups and communities.
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
11. Self-motivated with ability to work independently on multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
12. Experience with art and photo direction and editing.
University of Minnesota College of Education and Human Development
430 Wulling Hall
Minneapolis MN 55455
United States of America
Phone: (612) 624-3430
- Contact Method:
Apply here: http://z.umn.edu/pringraph