- Overview: The Senior Designer is a senior member of an integrated, multidisciplinary creative team that produces the university’s signature and award-winning creative concepts to diverse national audiences. This position is responsible for creating visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate target audiences in the university’s most visible external marketing and communications channels, publications, and products. This position develops and executes creative solutions that integrate with the university’s visual identity, brand platform, and design standards. The Senior Designer performs design audits and works with campus leaders and communicators across disciplines to assess needs, design and prototype ideas, and produce/deploy solutions that reflect excellence and elevate the university’s image. This position supervises full-time graphic design team members, external freelancers and partners, and student interns. Loyola Marymount University shares in a rich intellectual heritage fostered by the Jesuit and Marymount educational traditions and founded on social justice and ethical values. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, LMU cherishes its Catholic identity while at the same time welcoming people from diverse social, religious, and cultural backgrounds. LMU is in Los Angeles, yet near the Pacific Ocean, offering a dynamic cultural environment.
- URL: https://jobs.lmu.edu
- Position Reports To: Senior Director Communications and Creative Services
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Starts On: April 17, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
Candidates must have at minimum 5 years of related graphic and/or web design experience. Agency and/or higher education experience preferred. Must be able to follow direction from an art director and work collaboratively with graphic artists, marketing, and communications team members. Experience brainstorming ideas and concepts for new design projects and execute them within the context of an institutional brand, communication, and marketing strategy. Demonstrated experience managing creative projects and executing across multiple communications and marketing channels and media. Candidates must also have a highly collaborative style with experience developing and implementing design strategies successfully; a background that demonstrates relationship-building, consensus-building, flexibility, and managing through influencing. Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurially; experience creating, developing and implementing new initiatives.
The ability to produce high quality deliverables with meticulous attention to detail and must be metrics-driven and results-oriented with demonstrated analytical skills.
The ability to provide quick turnaround and updates for multiple requests while maintaining strong reputation of high quality work. Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, and service-oriented environment. Experience working successfully within a complex organization. Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities.
- Computer Skills:
Expert level experience in Adobe Creative Suite. Deep understanding of best practices in print and web design and production.
- Education Required:
We typically seek candidates that have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or advertising. The incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes
Loyola Marymount University
Los Angeles CA 90045
United States of America
Phone: (310) 338-2723
- Contact Method: