Sr. Communications Coordinator
The Division of Extended Studies at Boise State University is enthusiastically seeking candidates for two open Senior Communications Coordinator positions. The Senior Communications Coordinators are key members of the Extended Studies Enrollment and Student Success Communications and Marketing team. These individuals play a critical role on a team that:
- implements strategic marketing and communication plans to support recruitment, enrollment and retention for Extended Studies programs
- strategically creates, coordinates, edits and analyzes marketing and communication content across mediums directed at relevant audiences
- advances and protects Boise State’s institutional identity and reputation while reinforcing, deploying and growing Extended Studies program brands in graphics, images and words.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because the Division is hiring two Senior Communication Coordinators, we are looking for candidates who can individually fulfill a combination (but not necessarily all) of the following duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. As part of the Extended Studies Communications and Marketing team, you will have an opportunity to:
- Build a dynamic and innovative web presence and experience for key audiences.
- Integrate search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to create content that is search engine optimized, brings in targeted traffic, provides site visitors the information they need and helps move them through to the next step.
- Collaboratively develop, manage, and analyze key metrics, trends and insights using analytics.
- Leverage data and reports to determine effectiveness and optimize digital advertising efforts.
- Direct, film, edit and produce videos that can be used for marketing and communication purposes.
- Design, write, edit and proofread digital and print materials that can be used for marketing and communication directed at relevant audiences.
- Leverage analytics and reports to determine effectiveness and make continual improvements of multiple marketing and communication initiatives.
- Develop social media strategy and identities.
The deadline for applications is July 31, 2018.
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/.
- URL: https://boisestate.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=180725
- Position Reports To: Communication and Marketing Manager
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Salary: 43,400 to 45,500
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a general field.
- 2 years of experience in a similar type of work.
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in specific fields, including marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or closely related field, or the equivalent in applied work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a higher education-centered communication or marketing role.
- 2+ years of education/experience writing and troubleshooting semantic HTML.
- 2+ years of education/experience designing, implementing, monitoring and assessing digital advertising campaigns.
- 2+ years of professional experience utilizing social media platforms to promote education or business.
- 2+ years of education/experience filming and producing videos.
- 2+ years of education/experience with graphic design.
- 2+ years of professional experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Premier, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; animation experience a plus.
- 1+ years of experience with lighting setup and sound editing.
- 1+ years of experience utilizing web layout, information architecture, and usability best practices to effectively organize and optimize websites.
- 1+ years of experience with web metrics reporting and analysis.
- 1+ years of web graphics production and optimization experience.
- 1+ years of experience with search engine optimization (SEO).
- 1+ years of experience with CRM software and marketing automation platforms.
- 1+ years of experience with PPC campaigns, especially Google AdWords.
- 1+ years of experience with WordPress.
- Job Description:
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, digital advertising, communication, branding, web, video and social media best practices.
- Able to assimilate and organize material and ideas to communicate them effectively in a variety of forms.
- Able to successfully develop and maintain positive, collaborative, respect-based relationships with coworkers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to compose written material with a succinct message that is free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Proficient with professional graphic design and video editing software, html code, web editing and design.
- Able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Autonomous decision-making.
- Able to handle difficult and sensitive situations and use sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines. Ability to defuse tension, should it arise.
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise ID 83725
United States of America
- Contact Method:
For consideration please apply at: