UCDA Partner: Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC)
The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) is Canada’s national graphic design association. It is a member-based organization of design professionals, educators, administrators, students, and associates in communications, marketing, media and design-related fields.
The Society has been an advocate, voice and resource for Canada’s graphic design profession since 1956. The GDC maintains a national certified body of graphic designers and promotes high standards of graphic design and ethical business practices, for the benefit of Canadian industry, commerce, public service and education.
Through the media, publications, seminars, events, conferences and exhibits, the GDC builds awareness of graphic design and its essential role in business and society.
Letter of agreement regarding a strategic alliance between the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada (GDC) and the University & College Designers Association (UCDA)
- Whereas both organizations (the UCDA and the GDC) together represent designers across Canada
- Whereas both organizations share the same objectives with regard to defending, promoting and developing the work of professional designers
- Whereas both organizations wish to exercise greater influence at large
The GDC and the UCDA agree to form a strategic alliance to accomplish the following:
- Allow their respective presidents or their duly authorized representatives to attend the other association’s annual general meeting as a non-voting participant.
- Speak out with one voice on key issues and projects (especially lobbying our respective governments and its ministries) and agree on a jointly mandated representative to carry out these duties.
- Ensure the free flow of information between the two associations regarding common issues, and provide their respective members with any information deemed relevant (e.g. professional guidelines, standard agreements, code of ethics, etc.)
- Whenever possible, allow members of each association to benefit from any agreements, discounts and privileges negotiated by the other association (price reductions for conferences, contests, subscriptions, insurance, etc.).
- This agreement or alliance does not require either party to pay any amount of money or dues to the other party, and it will remain valid until such time as either party asks for its dissolution.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO GDC MEMBERS
GDC members have been assigned the following membership number for their use: GDC10
- UCDA Insider Newsletter
- Reduced Rates for UCDA Programming
- Reduced Rates for UCDA Design Competition
- UCDA Annual Membership Rates at Par
- UCDA Quarterly Designer Magazine Subscription Rate at Par
- Subscribe to the UCDA Member List